Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We're home!

Here he is & he couldn't be happier about it!
Ravenna giving her new brother some kisses.

Stephan so excited to see little Ravenna & she was so excited to Hudson...it was very cute!
After such an event we forgot about the potty, so we did it China style (whenever, wherever).


Loves from Aunty Mimi (Aimee Plese)



Laughing with Uncle Dick

Hi Grandpa!

Oh how wonderful it was to see this little one! I can't put it into words!

Thank you, thank you to all who came & to those who have followed along such a special journey for us. A special thank you to Emily, Tracy & Candi for taking all the pictures & getting them to me so fast.







They held hands the whole way home in the car.
Ravenna was & still is fascinated with Hudson's little fingers on his right hand. The car seat was no problem at all, that was a relief.









Checking out things in his new room with the help of his sister. Check out those muscly legs.












Dinner time thanks to grandma & grandpa having dinner in the oven for us when we got home.














Bath time together, the first of many.




Hudson did so well today. He was perfect at the airport, home, & playing with his sister. He is having a hard time going to sleep right now though. Better go and check on him!
Love to you all & thrilled to be home!
A special thank you to my parents for taking care of Ravenna while we were gone from her. Knowing she was in such good hands was very important and reassuring. Also a thank you to my in-laws who helped with Ravenna as well. She is so lucky to have them both so close & so involved. As well as those who also watched her while we were away. What a fabulous feeling to know how loved she is by so many people & we know Hudson will be as well. We are so fortunate to live near so many irreplaceable family & friends here in Spokane. How lucky we are, thanks again!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!
It was great meeting Hudson yesterday. Can't wait until we have a play date! Get some rest, enjoy your family and I will talk to you soon.
Love Tracy

jessithompson said...

WOW! Welcome home! I have tears in my eyes watching Hudson be embraced by all your family and friends. What a blessed child!

By the way, I think Hudson needs to meet my mom, Linda, someday. She has a special hand, just like him!!! My mom would tell you she's a better person for it and I'd tell you most people never notice because of her amazing personality. My mom also has some great tricks up her sleeve about how to do EVERYTHING with one hand (and a couple nubbins ;)... snow skiing with poles, water skiing, rope climbing... you name it.

Congratulations again - what a special time for your family!

:) Jessi Thompson

Tiffany said...

Well, once again, I'm all teared up reading your blog! I'm so bummed that I couldn't make it to the airport! That picture of Ravenna kissing Hudson is priceless!!! I'm so thrilled that you guys are home and have a new addition to the family! I'm dying to meet my little nephew! See you at Easter? Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! Your mom called me and told me about your blog. I LOVE the picture of the four of you at the airport. What a beautiful family!!! It brings back such memories of our own airport meeting!! Can't wait to meet him soon. I can see it in his eyes that he is going to love priest lake :) Love to all of you, Kendra and family

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I was there to witness the reunion and meeting of little Hudson. It was just priceless to see his delight and smiles jumping up and down when he saw everybody and even more priceless to see Ravenna's little kiss on his cheek. Cute, cute kids! You are so lucky and so are they!

I will share with the family.

Hope you had a decent night's sleep.

Love The Geiselmans

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you have Hudson home! What an amazing feeling that is. I always especially love that drive home from the airport seeing our new little one in the car seat in our car, going to our home in our country! Congratulations again - and to Ravenna on getting a new brother. It's been so fun to follow along. Jodi

Mark and Lori said...

Glad to hear that you are home safe and sound! What a great time we had in China and hope to keep in touch! Lori

colleen said...

Amy, I sat by your dad this morning and watched the GU game. What a very proud Papa he is!!!!I think he and your mom are really missing having Ravena as their 'roomate"!!!
I'm so happy for you and hope the adjustment is going well for all of you.
-colleen