Friday, March 14, 2008

Goodbye Wuhan

There is a little video for Ravenna at the bottom!
Hudson's first flight 3.14.08...goodbye Wuhan!
So many planes to watch at the airport he can't keep track of them all

A little game of Chinese chess. Take a look at that board....I think it has seen a few games.


This man was going door to door trying to sell his fresh vegetables.


A typical alley way in China.


They always maximize their loads here. This is some kind of makeshift side car/truck motorcycle.


Drying a little laundry by the side of a busy road.


Goodbye Ivan! He has his new GU hat on.

We said goodbye to Wuhan & hello to Guangzhou. On the way we had to stop by the Public Safety building to pick up Hudson's passport. It wasn't ready so we took a little walk around the neighborhood (those are some of the pictures I have posted above). We were so grateful to our guide Ivan for all his services this past week. He was the best! He took us all the way to the security gate at the airport & then we had to say goodbye. Hudson did very well on the flight. Once we landed we were met by our new guide Rebecca. She has a lot of energy & is going to keep us busy with something every day. That is good though, as it makes the time go by. On the way to the White Swan Hotel I had a feeling of relief. I was telling it Stephan it must just be seeing something familiar & knowing what to expect. I am glad to be in Guangzhou & on Shamian Island (our little bubble of a world here in China). We went for a walk around & then had dinner at the Cow and Bridge Thai restaurant.
Tomorrow we go for Hudson's medical exam & then out to dinner with other families adopting through Small World. We tried to find a calling card but were unsuccessful, so we'll figure something out tomorrow.

Hudson is now counting his fingers (up to five) in English & trying more & more words. We realized he only does this when he feels like it though. Tonight he mimicked me in saying parts of the body & "I love you". We are all pretty tuckered out, Stephan & Hudson are already asleep.
We still haven't been able to access the blog, but we are getting our email here. So I am able read everyone's comments on my email as well. I am just about to dive in and read them all. I am so excited to catch up. If you need anything directly please email us as well, since we now have access to it.
Oh! I just read all the comments you have all sent to our blog for the first time. I am so emotional. It means so much to hear such nice things from people we love, especially when we are so far away. There are some hilarious ones as well.....my dad & Robbie. Keep them coming we love them.
Thank you,
The Byrd's

Loves & kisses to Ravenna for us.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
I am so excited to hear you are one step closer to home.
We are excited every morning to read about your journey. Cole is enjoying it so much, he now is checking the blog on his own. He can't wait to meet Hudson and either can we.
Hudson is so adorable and I can't believe how fast he is learning everything. He looks so happy to be with you guys. He is a lucky little boy.
We love you all sooooooooooooooo much! Lots of love and kisses. The Osters

Anonymous said...

Hey Am! Loving the postings! What a character he is...gotta ask so what size is he???? 3 or 4 T? Auntie Colie needs to do some shoppin! Mason is rocking out to this John Legend song, cracking me up. Can't wait for you guys to come home, and for the day I meet this little guy. Give him a kiss for me. Take care. Love colie

Anonymous said...

Aloha guys,
We just got back and could not wait to read the blog. We read it as soon as we walked in the door at 1:00 am. I get emotional everytime I read it. I am so excited for you guys and cannot wait to meet him. You two are amazing parents and your two little ones are lucky to have you and each other. I cannot wait to see them together. Wishing you the very best on your last few days in China. All our love
The Zandts
Aloha

Anonymous said...

I just sat down and read through your entire journey-HOW AMAZING AND WONDERFUL!! I have been teary eyed for over an hour and can't wait to meet Hudson. What a miracle that you were all brought together as a family-you are all so blessed! I saw Ravenna today at "jump and bounce " with your parents and she seems great but can't wait to see the three of you I am sure!! Shawna

Tiffany said...

I'm so happy you guys are one step closer to home! I also love that you gave you tour guide a GU hat! :) The pics are great. It sure is a different world over there, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Stephan and Amy, Fine, fine video. Ravenna and I watched it 16 times, "Geh Mo, Geh Mo." We also just watched the videos you left for us to show her, and she gets all fired up when she sees you two. Took Uncle Dick to North Park today, and intro him to the weight machines. He liked it and the steam room. He joined for one month, and then we will see how his rehab continues. Snow predicted today, big temperature drop, and 5-6" at the lake. 200% of snowpack in the Selkirks. Planning on taking Ravenna to the St. Paddy's day parade tomorrow, and then hitting a few pubs with Grandma, Ravenna and Dick. Capital idea, what??

Love, Papa

Amie said...

We love keeping up with you guys in China! I am jealous that you are back at the Cow and Bridge! I really do miss the food there believe it or not! Glad you are one step closer to bringing Hudson home. What a cutie he is! I have all the girls at work addicted to your blog now too. They love all things China since we came home with Ayden.
Congrats!
Amie

Anonymous said...

USC falls to UCLA in pac 10 semi final game. WSU down by 4 to stanford at Half. Kristie an I are in Bozone to meet with Tax guy we are in the hotel room checking out the blog wondering what you guys are going to do with Hudson for Saint Paddys day. I am sure that is a big time holiday in China. Green Sapporo??? We are heading to Butte for an all nighter if I have anything to say about it. Kristie thinks baby demo is to young can you believe that? AMFA