Sunday, March 9, 2008

Museum, tofu, massage & some smog































We successfully killed some time with the local sights today. I only say that because we are so anxious to get Hudson, anything to make the time go by.
We met Ivan this morning & headed to the Hubei Provincial Museum. We saw many artifacts from three different excavations in this province. They ranged from 2400 B.C. to 400 B.C. The tombs which were recovered had many similarities to those of Egypt. For instance the tomb of Marquis Yi of Zen contained 33 women along with himself (coffin in the picture). He wanted to buried by his women servants & musicians. We saw many interesting items & learned just a little sliver of this country's long history.
We then went for a late lunch & sampled the local fare: lotus flower, dumpling soup, beef stew & tofu. Surprisingly Ivan's recommendations were all very good.
We have been amazed at the amount of smog in these large cities here. It is terrible. We don't realize how good we have it in the great Northwest or U.S. for that matter. My eyes have been burning since we got here. I have included some pictures from our hotel room window....trust me it just doesn't do it justice.
On our way home I decided to stop by the spa at our hotel to inquire about a massage. It was quite a struggle getting the staff to understand my inquiry without Ivan. I prevailed though & just had a wonderful, but very interesting 90 minute massage for $25. I'll describe in detail when I get home, no complaints here though.....you really can't have a bad massage especially for that price.
Looking forward to tomorrow. We meet Ivan at 9am & then head to the Civil Affairs Office to meet Hudson. I did find out the protocol for how Hudson gets to the CA office. The orphanage director goes to his foster home & picks him up (he then says goodbye to his foster family), then he is brought to the CA office with the orphanage director. I am so worried for this big change for him. I know it will be for the best in the end. For those of you following along who are waiting to see pictures of the other waiting children here in Wuhan. I think we will be going to the orphanage on Wed & we should be able to get pictures/video then.
Loves & kisses to Ravenna for us!

This is a video of the Bell Chimes from the museum today. I think Ravenna will love this.


















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh guys,I am dying over here! I love reading your blog everyday. Keep it going lady! I can't wait for you to get your little dude. Hugs and kisses to you all! Love Colie

Tiffany said...

You are SO CLOSE to meeting Hudson! I cannot wait to see the pictures and to meet him for myself!!!!

I'm glad you were able to find plenty of things to do to keep you busy while you wait. You must be dying!

All our love you to you guys! Can't wait for your next post!