Monday, September 8, 2008

Pre-school & Potty

We had a big week of some pretty important milestones at the Byrd household. Hudson had his first week of pre-school. He goes on Tues/Thurs. mornings & seems to be loving it. He talks about his teacher Mrs. Hooper, St. Charles, snack time, and his cousin Caden who also goes there. I was unsure how he would handle the first day & he just gave me a kiss, waved to me & said "bye bye mommy". This was a different Hudson from the week prior. On orientation night we looked over at Hudson to find him crying in his chair while the teacher was going over things. He looked at Stephan and said "no daddy, no mommy, no Mei Mei, only Hudson?" It just broke my heart. So, fast forward to having one week in the bag & things are going smooth. He is such a happy, kind hearted, energetic little sweetie. We are so proud!

Hudson's first day of pre-school

To preoccupied with things to look at the camera
Big girl Elmo panties
first time going on the potty
A little "privacy" please
I am so proud to announce Ravenna is potty trained!!! In the past she has told us she has to go potty, so we put her on there, and nothing happens. We have done this drill a few times a week for the past couple of months. The other day was different. I heard her in there, fussing with her toilet seat. So I asked if she needed to go, she said yes, and on the toilet she went. She asked for "privacy" and I went about doing whatever it is I do. About 5 minutes later she called out "all done mommy, poopoo" with this big grin on her little face. I couldn't believe it. Hudson & I danced around, rewarded her with M&M's, and went to put on her big girl panties. I figured there is no going back now. Here we are almost 1 week down, and only 3 accidents later. Keep in mind we have been back & forth to Montana (5 hour car ride). She has done such a great job. At night she is still wearing diapers, but still no mess. She wakes up about once in the night & calls for me to go potty and that is that! Being this is my first experience potty training (as Hudson already was) it has been a breeze. I wish I could offer some advice to those who will be traveling down this road, but I have none. Ravenna gets all the credit here!






2 comments:

colleen said...

wow! a big week at your house! That's so sweet that Hudson didn't want to go to school if Ravenna wasn't there!
Congrats on the potty training....the girls are SO much easier to train in my opinion.
Have a great week!

Wendy said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go Ravenna! So nice to not have to deal with the pull ups anymore - congratulations!!!