Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A little under the weather

Just a little update to let you know the flu has hit the Byrd household. It has actually been lingering for a couple of weeks & we have been able to ignore it, but not any more. I am down for the count & Ravenna is as well. Stephan is in Montana working for the week (which is probably best).
Thank goodness for my wonderful father in law being an internist. He was able to get us some much needed medication. I took Ravenna to the Dr.'s office yesterday and she was fine. However this morning she woke up with a fever & has had a cough & runny nose. I guess that is the way things go sometimes with kids.
Also a big thank you to my parents, who spent the majority of their day running to the pharmacy & being a "meals on wheels" delivery service. This morning they brought the medicine & stopped by the grocery store for all the good flu remedies (applesauce, chicken noodle soup, Gatorade, etc...). This afternoon they brought over a chicken noodle casserole & tacos so I wouldn't have to cook the next few days. Just another benefit of living in the same town as you parents. I love you both & thank you again!
This has delayed my packing for China. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get things in order.
We also received notice our consulate appointment in China is set for March 17th. I booked our flights & now it is all official. It feels great to have all the red tape items crossed off of my checklist......all we need now is Hudson!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry to hear you guys are sick! It's definitely going around. 60 kids from Brentwood went home sick on on Monday! I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get it!

How nice to have such amazing parents! Our parents are definitely on the same waive length when it comes to taking care of their kids. We are so lucky!

Hope you are feeling better by the weekend and able to start your packing. I'm so glad everything is in order and official! Can't wait to meet my new nephew! :)

Amie said...

Oh So sorry to hear you have the Flu! I had it last week as well! No fun! Ayden somehow dodged it. Good luck packing!
Amie