Sunday, June 8, 2008

Farm Chicks

I went to "The Farm Chicks" show this afternoon with my sister in law Alicia & my mother in law Irene. It was FANTASTIC! For those of you who don't know what "The Farm Chicks" is checkout their website http://www.thefarmchicks.com/. One of the founders Serena (the brown haired one on their website) is a friend of the families. It was at the fairgrounds this year which I thought would take away from the "funky" feel of years/locations past. I was wrong. They did a wonderful job with music, decorations, and vendors (the best yet). We went on the tail end of the show, so I was a little concerned there wouldn't be much selection left. I was wrong again. First of all there were no crowds, and there were great deals to be had as it was the end of the show. The vendors were into selling rather than packing things up again. I was in my heaven! It was just what I was hoping for. This would be a really fun "girls weekend" event for the future.
Thank you to my husband for watching our 2 little monkeys, so I could make this show.


There were so many cute/funky things!

Check out some of our finds. The cute decoupage table I got for $25!
Thank you Lish & Ron for picking up some of the "loot" with your truck & Irene for carting 2 of my tables home for me.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad you girls had fun AND found some great deals! Doesn't get much better than that!

Love the new pic at the top of your blog too! Adorable! :)

colleen said...

How fun! Next year make sure to tell me about it!! This is right up my alley.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So freakin jealous!! I wanna go next year darn it!!!!!!!! Talk to you soon lady! Cola