Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tri-Cities bound


Wednesday morning my self, my mom, my mother in law Irene, and my sister in law Alicia ventured down to the Tri-Cities for a day of shopping. We started in Pasco with the Farmer's Market, then hit the Viera's Panaderia (Bakery) next door. Take a look at the size & amount of sweets in that place. These are exactly how the bakeries are in Mexico. For those of you unfamiliar with the "Tri", Pasco has a large Hispanic population. I love it! We also had some traditional Mexican food for lunch. Tacos were buy one get one free. So lunch set us back about $1.34. More money for shopping.
Then we ventured over the Kennewick. Made a quick stop at Stephan & my first home. I am pleased to say the owners are taking very nice care of it. The yard looked fantastic.
Then on to a couple wonderful stores "She, She's", "Nest Feathers", & "Beaver Bark". We had a ball and managed to find something we couldn't live without in every store. Our last stop in Richland was at a gardener's home (thanks to our family friend Juanita) for some "highly sought after" scented Geraniums. We walked away with plants smelling of lemon, chocolate mint, woodland, coconut, etc....
Our last stop was on the way out of town at the Country Mercantile for some dinner & last minute fresh produce, salsa & home made enchiladas. We got back to Spokane about 8:30.
The day was all I hoped it would be. Great fun, conversation, shopping, & eating with ladies that I love. We may need to make this an annual trip. It was a blast!
Thanks to my in laws for letting us use their van for the trip!

Aunty Lala at the Farmer's Market in Pasco.

Mom & Irene trying to decide what plants to get.

The Panaderia/Bakery in Pasco. Enormous sweet treats.

Take a look at this chocolate monster! Yummy!

In the green house full of scented geraniums. Choosing our favorites.

Ours selections.

Thank goodness we brought the van!

3 comments:

colleen said...

How fun! A nice day of girl time.....
I really like the pic of the chocolate doughnut!

McMurrays said...

So FUN. . who knew geraniams could have a scent.
Thanks for sharing. .
Darcy

Tiffany said...

Fun! I wish I could have made it! Maybe we can make it an annual trip in the summer?

That picture of you with the giant doughnut was hilarious! I was cracking up! And scented geraniums? Awesome!

Glad to see you guys had such a blast!