Sunday, May 4, 2008

Perfect weekend!




We had a fantastic weekend!

We started Friday with meeting the newest member of my friend Kara's family, little Brady. The kids had fun playing outside in the warm sunshine & eating lunch over at Tricia's. Hudson's newest thing is to cry when he has to leave people. So he started to cry when we left Tricia's. He really does this with his grandma/grandpa & nana/papa. Turns on the waterworks hoping it will buy him a few more precious minutes.
Friday evening we had a surprise 40th birthday party for my friend Candi. It seems not so long ago we were celebrating her 30th. How time flies. It was a fun night with lots of great people. Lots of Candi's friends, neighbors, & work counterparts came to wish her a happy b-day. She is such a good friend to so many people & I am lucky enough to be one of them. Happy Birthday lady!

Saturday we played outside & did yard work then had our friends Kristie & Robbie over for dinner. They were in town for Bloomsday with baby Delaney. It was a perfect night for a bbq & we ate well before the race the next morning.

Sunday I woke up to sunny, blue skies. Yes!! This is more important the older I seem to get. I am finding I am really a fair weather kind of person. So the more sunny days the better. Anyways I ran Bloomsday (which a local Spokane race 7.5 miles or something). I have done it on and off since we moved here in 1985. I vary from walking, walk/run, to running. This year I fell into the running category. I ran with my friend from my old job Michele Crowley. It was so nice to have someone to run with. We talked for about the first 2 miles, then there wasn't much else said besides: "dying, water,and are you kidding me (when we would see the hills ahead)". Anywho, we finished & did well considering not much training led up to this annual event. This was the best Bloomsday thus far for me, because as I rounded the turn for the finish line. Stephan, Hudson & Ravenna were there to cheer me on. What a great feeling to see them. Grandpa also came down for the festivities. So after I finished we had a wonderful day in Riverfront Park, playing, riding the gondola, having a few beers at O'Doherty's, seeing friends, people watching (this is one of my favorite things) & then enjoyed some great Mexican food. The past 5 years or so we go to Casa de Oro & have a little Mexican food with Kristie, Robbie, Jenni, Molly & now the kids.
It was a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow! You guys were really busy this weekend, but is sounds like you had a blast!

You totally ROCKED Bloomsday for not training very much! Nice job!

Cute pics, as always, in the slide show and hooray for the beautiful weather!