Monday, January 21, 2008

Potty Training








Well potty training lasted about 4 hours. We started the morning off great with a pee on the big potty & an Elmo sticker as a reward. Along with lots of clapping & exaggerated kudos by Stephan & I. After that it was downhill fast. We decided to crank the heat & let her run around the house in her "big girl" panties (after going through 2 outfits in about an hour). 5 pees & 1 poop on the floor later (about 11:30 am). We were staring down lunch & then nap time & then we had errands to run. On went the diapers for "night, night time". And just like that our potty training was done.....for now.

I am convinced we have to commit to a week of this & have no plans to go anywhere. I welcome any suggestions. We actually aren't in too big of rush, she's not even 2. Just wanted to see what she thought...apparently she doesn't give a s__t.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm cracking up right now! I think she does give a s__t - on the floor! Ha ha ha! No kids for me so I don't have any suggestions for you. My mom, however, probably has more than anyone I know since she has gone through this with too many kids to count! Hang in there. Sure would be sweet to have 2 potty trained kiddos when you bring Hudson home! XOXO!

Anonymous said...

Now there is a determined little girl - will do this when I feel like it and watcha gonna do about it:) The poop on the floor thing is pretty funny. She's going to love ya for these photos some day. LOL! I sure hope you do get Hudson in March, this is way too long a wait.

marcy james said...

so, my mom did it in a day. she brought my toys and lunch etc... and we spent the morning playing in the bathroom until i finally 'went.' somehow my mom always made everything seem like fun. it sounds challenging to me to keep a 2 year old in the bathroom, but who knows...maybe something for when you get tired of slipping on the floor.haha....i was so sorry to have missed her birthday...wahoooo ravenna.