Monday, January 21, 2008

LOA has arrived!

We just received word today that our "Letter of Acceptance" for Hudson has arrived from China. It is at our adoption agency, we should get it tomorrow via Fed-Ex. So now that we have the "LOA" checked off our list, we wait for the very last step....which is our travel assignment. It typically takes about 2-3 weeks. With the way things have been going though & with Chinese New Year coming up, I am prepared for a little longer. I hope we will be traveling by March.

We have a few things to do between now & then which should help pass the time: apply for our visas, get our appt. at the Consulate in China, airline reservations, pack, and make sure everything is in order for Ravenna. She will be staying with my parents (grandma & grandpa) and other family members will help out as need be. God bless them for willing to spend 24/7 with a 2 year old for about 2 weeks. It will be so hard to leave her, but it will be the best thing for all of us in helping Hudson adjust.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm getting so excited! I can't wait to meet my new nephew! Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick travel assignment!