Friday, April 2, 2010

So Long Snow Skiing!

What a memorable ski season this was for us! I will never forget it. We took full advantage of living so near Whitefish Mountain Resort. It takes us 20 minutes to get to the top & we rented a locker up on the mountain so there was no hauling of helmets, skis & gear. It was so easy & now I can only hope we can always have such an effortless arrangement. Skiing wasn't really an option for us last year as Stephan blew his achilles, but this year was a whole different story. We were unsure how this would all play out & we were positive we would be getting them in some lessons. Well we were wrong, they have done better than we could have hoped. They have both taken to it quite well & have become little speed racers....now I just have to keep up. They love going & it seems as though they are both naturals. They frequented the mountain 2-3 times a week w/ Stephan & I picked up the slack & joined them at least once a week. For those of you who don't know my husband, it's fair to say skiing is a close 2nd (behind us) to things he loves most in life. I so enjoyed watching him w/ Ravenna & Hudson & always looked forward to a recap of the days ski runs they took when I couldn't make it. Stephan truly beams with pride when he talks about them & their skiing capabilities....such a proud daddy! Don't get me wrong I am beyond proud as well, but it means something more to Stephan I think. It's a special love they will hopefully always share. I am so thankful to have an adventuresome husband & we try to instill that in our kids, with some exceptions of course. No black diamonds just yet....maybe next season!



Blue bird days....my favorite!




Spring skiing is the best....you really can't beat it!


A break at Hellroaring to enjoy the sun!

Perfect end to a wonderful day!
So long Whitefish Mountain Resort! Thanks for such a fun season!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Like I've said before, I'm so jealous of the experience your kiddos are having with skiing. They'll barely remember not being able to do it. And what a gift that you guys are so close to such an awesome mountain!

I've seen Steph talk about your little monkeys cruising down the mountain and he's even shown us video. You are right. He is SO proud of them and it's just about the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

I think it is amazing that the kids
can ski! It scares the life out of me. Kudos to all of you!