Sunday, November 9, 2008

Packing & more packing

For those of you who don't know, this Byrd family is heading to Whitefish, MT. Stephan needs to be over there for work, so instead of being apart we decided to pack up & rent our house in Spokane. We are going to see what the next year brings. Our goal is to be back in Spokane by the time Hudson starts school, so that would give us 3 years. We are excited for our new adventure, but a little hesitant moving into a 2 bed/ 2 bath condo we bought last year (not thinking we would ever be living there full time).
I now remember why moving is one of my least favorite things. The thought process that is involved when needing to decide what to put in storage, what to take to Whitefish, and what to leave at my parents house (for when we are back in Spokane) is overwhelming at times. I wish I could fast forward 2 weeks & be done with it all.
The kids have been very resourceful in finding new toys to play with, since all theirs are packed up (mistake #3. Don't pack the kids toys until the very end). The weather here has been pouring rain the past 5 days or so, which isn't helping matters.
On the bright side I am mastering the art of using a tape gun.


Ravenna sits in here as her Hudson pushes her around for hours on end.

Something about kids & boxes. I remember them being some of my favorite toys when I was a child, specifically the big ones like refrigerator/dishwasher boxes...those were the best.

He was in a dead sweat in his fleece pajamas pushing her around. So now he is in his underwear.

Aaaaahhhh! A welcomed break from packing. I had a little break & hit the half yearly with Tricia. It's not all doom & gloom around here.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Boxes are the best toys ever! And what a selfless brother Hudson is! I would have pushed my little sis for about 2 minutes and then told her it was my turn!

You are right, packing just plain sucks! Good luck finishing it up. I, too, have mastered the tape gun! ;)

tricia said...

Enjoy your adventure!

tricia said...

Enjoy your adventure!

colleen said...

Oh...I hate packing too! YUK!Glad you managed to squeeze in a nordy's break!

Mark and Lori said...

We FINALLY finished the garage this weekend and now can park in there. Moving is awful! It just seems to never end - I guess that is not all that encouraging ... one bright spot is that is did not even phase the kids. What a great adventure you are on!

Carina said...

I feel your packing pain!

Especially when dealing with storage and splitting your belongings. Good luck! If I were closer I'd volunteer Nick to help ;)

Wendy said...

WHAT?! You are moving?! So much for knowing a lot. Good luck with the move... oh boy.