Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oregon weekend


We set out for Portland to stay with our friends the Kempfs. About an hour in to the trip the van (my in-laws 1991 Ford Econoline Conversion van) was running hot. We made a stop in Tri-Cities to see what was going on. Apparently nothing was wrong. Well fast forward the rest of the weekend. About 90 outside, maybe more in places. Heater on full blast in the van to pull heat off the engine (easily felt like 100, my thongs even melted), windows down & overheating about every 2 hours. We kept refilling the radiator with water/coolant. Here is my husband's favorite line "I think we can limp it back". That is what we did. It was terrible!!! But we survived.

We made it to my friend from college's wedding in Bend. I/we had a ball. These reunions with such a cherished group of friends always goes by way too fast. My college friends are the kind that make your stomach hurt from laughing so hard when the weekend is over. Needless to say a good time was had by all. Rice looked so happy & so did his new bride Kris. So happy for them. Thanks to the Kempf's for making the trip fun as well. Always great to get together & watch our kids play.















1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I was dying of laughter at Steph's comment about limping the van back! It is SO evident that he and Eric are brothers! I'm just glad we have each other to share our Byrd men stories with!

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun on the trip despite having to drive with the heater on (horrible!!!). I swear your kids are going to be more well traveled than me by the time they're 6!