Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Weekend

Posted by Picasa
The weather was sunny & mid 70's this past weekend. We took advantage & spent as much time outside as possible. We bbq'd at our friend Kara & Rob's, went to Riverfront Park (fed the ducks & went on the carousel), and played in the backyard on their toys. The carousel wasn't that big of a hit with Ravenna & Hudson had his moments on it. He did go twice though.
Today I woke up to rain and it is supposed to continue through the week. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
Hudson had at TB (tuberculosis) test today. They do give a little shot right below the skin & we go back in 48 hours to see if he has ever been exposed to it. I took both the kids to one of the local Urgent Care Clinics, which is where they do these tests. I haven't been in one of these Doc in a Box Clinics in quite some time. There were people from all walks of life, made for some interesting people watching. When we got called back you would have thought we were torturing my children. They both started screaming (poor nurse couldn't get the door shut fast enough). Anyway, I had to set Ravenna down so I could hold Hudson down for the shot. The time spent in the room was less than 5 minutes. I couldn't get the kids out of there fast enough. I am still unsure if Ravenna thought she was going to have to get one or she was sad for Hudson. Maybe it was just the male nurse in the blue scrubs with the white gloves on...probably a mixture of all.
Lesson learned try to take one child at a time to the Dr.'s office, when at all possible.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your poor kiddos! Doctors are just not their thing! Little do they know what their papa does!

Adorable pics. Those 2 are so precious. Glad you got to enjoy the warm weather while it lasted!

You'll be happy to hear that my hair looks just fine today. I was able to pull it back myself this morning! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear th wather is taking a turn for the better in the can. Just in time for a Bloomsday. I am really going to book this year. The faster I get to the finish the more beers can enjoy at O'Doherty's. Mama and Demo will be in the stroller section. That =lots of beer for me and Steph. See you soon.

Wendy said...

Oh McCray... yes, when it comes down to the shots - only take the child getting them. It doesn't get easier. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.