Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend 2009


We had a different kind of Valentine's Day this year. I spent my weekend working at the Brewery. For those of you who don't know I took a job as a bartender serving beer at The Great Northern Brewery. I am able to work part time (2-3 times a week) and it gives me a little adult interaction, some mad money, & lots of entertainment so far. I was lucky enough to get this job as we know the manager/owner & Stephan offices out of here as well.
So back to our weekend. I do know I am married to the most fabulous man, but I was reminded in the most non-valentine sort of way this weekend. Since last weekend was presidents day, it was pretty busy at the brewery. My shifts on Sat. & Sun were to open, this means CLEANING! Stephan came with me & took the bathroom duty (which includes cleaning urinals.....gross)!!! When I realized this was part of the deal & I was to clean before doing the fun part of this job which is serving beer. I'll admit I had to give my self a little self talk & get a nice big pair of rubber gloves. I also keep reminding my self that my sister in law Tiffany did a similar cleaning job to get her through college. The only difference being I'm 34 and through with college. LOL. I think I will always find cleaning bathrooms ranking very low on my list of fun things to do....especially bar bathrooms. Nevertheless its all in a days work & I do love my new job. So I must thank my husband for the best non-traditional valentines present of cleaning urinals/bathrooms for me. You're the best & I love you!

The "so fun" Great Northern Brewery in Whitefish, MT.

My valentine for the past 11 years.

Our monkeys all dressed up in their traditional outfits. Welcome 2009 Year of the Ox.

Ready to go out to a Chinese dinner.
Hudson showing off his "loot" from the red envelope.
Showing off her red envelope. A tradition for Chinese New Year.
Martin City "Cabin Fever Days" Bar stool Sled Races
Brenden, Hudson, & OB sporting their "intimidating Top Gun" look for the races.

Hudson checking out the some of the competition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - cleaning out urinals for your wife - now that's LOVE! Way to go Stephan. Amy, it's great you are getting out! Hope you had a great V-Day weekend!

Tiffany said...

Oh Beb! Urinals? Thanks for the shout out, but I have to admit, all of the bathrooms I cleaned had toilets! Hang in there sister! Glad you're enjoying the job otherwise. :)

colleen said...

Would Stephan like to be my valentine????