Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year 2009 at Priest Lake

We rang in 2009 at our cabin with my parents & our great friends the Todd's. They have twin 5 year olds (Meghan & Bridget) and Emily Jean who is almost 4. We originally had big plans to be back in Montana celebrating with them over there. Plans changed though & it took some convincing to get them up to Priest. We prevailed & got them to stay for 3 days. Stephan & Tim did some late night snowmobiling. They headed back to the cabin after Tim accidentally found himself snowmobiling over water instead of snow. Candi & I went for a ride & saw a moose being rescued from the lake before I ran out of gas in my sled. Everyone enjoyed: all the snow, sledding behind the 4 wheelers, going for snowmobile rides, shoveling snow, laughing, movies, a cozy cabin & lots of food. The weekend brought lots of laughs & great memories with great friends.
Bathing beauties at the lake.

Nighttime snowmobiling with daddy.

All the kids playing in the snow.

The mommies & our kiddos.

The girls getting a tow from the 4 wheeler.

Bridget, Hudson & Meghan sledding behind the 4 wheeler.

The cabin & all the snow

Hudson & Emily
We also caught up with our friends the Pool's. Dad, Stephan, Matt, and a couple other guys went for a great snowmobile ride up to Sundance on Friday. Then we met up with them later that night at Millie's & then on to Hill's.
Deanna, Shannon & I at Hill's Resort

Matt & Stephan "ping ponging" at Hill's
Happy 2009 to everyone & your families. Let this be a year of change & success in new ventures.

2 comments:

Carina said...

Looks like funny photogenic skills run in the Byrd family. I've seen that same expression on Stephan in a picture or two of my own.

Your New Years also looked like a TON of fun. Jealous ;)

Happy 2009!

colleen said...

Ok...I guess I was a few posts behind here!!! Looks like new-year's was a blast! How fun to all be together!
Sorry I missed you over Christmas. I heard that you're still in town though? Maybe we can get together soon friend!
c