Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tag You're It




This is for my sister in law Tiffany.


1. Wrapping paper of gift bag: wrapping paper for sure


2. Real or artificial tree: REAL absolutely, always has been, love the smell & the hunt for the perfect one


3. When did you put the tree up?: Thanksgiving weekend every year and down after the New Year (minus a few needles)


4. Do you like egg nog? The light stuff, the real stuff creeps me out a little (too thick)


5. What was your favorite gift as a child? 3rd grade Barbie Doll Dream House with a pool. Nintendo could be a close second (good call Tiff).


6. Hardest person to buy for? Either my dad or my in-laws. My dad is just tough & my in-laws have everything you can imagine but matching silverware.


7. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter and my mom...easy....love it!


8. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail Christmas cards....I love receiving them & so I feel in order to get them I must send them out. Tiff get with it!


9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Anything home made (from an aquaintance). You never know what their kitchen looks like. For all you know the cat could walk on their counter after it takes a pit stop in the litter box. And the next thing you know they are rolling out their sugar cookies (which are coming my way). YIKES!! You can never be to sure!


10. Favorite Christmas movie: The Christmas Story...love the Bumpus's dogs


11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? You betch ya. Tis' the season of giving


12. Favorit thing to eat at Christmas? For sure sugar cookies. Tiff if your folks are coming on Christmas Eve....I got to have one of those. All those pictures of them on your blog, I feel as though I am missing out. I do love Linda's food!


13. Clear or colored lights: I have been a clear light gal for most of my adult decorating life. Decided to spice it up this year & went for big colored ball lights. Love them!


14. Favorite Christmas song: I have been exhausting 98.1 on my radio. I love them all. But my new favorite is by Colbie Calliet called Mistletoe. It's the best. Check it out.


15. Travel at Christmas or stay home: Home w/ family, we are so lucky...love it!


16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer: Yes, due to the fact I have been reading Ravenna "Twas the Night Before Christmas" every night before bed. I have it down!


17. Presents on Christmas eve or morning? Morning, it's the way it's always been for my family. Except for the ornament exchange at the in-laws. It's so fun.


18. Most annoying thing about this time of year: Can't think of any...love it.


19. Favorite ornament: Would have to be old ornaments made by my sister. I have about 4 of them & will cherish them forever. Also one I got in China in honor of my daughter's adoption.


20. Favorite Christmas dinner: I always love turkey, don't really care for ham. I pretty much stuff my self all day long....no complaints here.


21. What I want for Christmas: We are only buying for Ravenna & a small gift for my folks. We are trying to save $ for China to pick up our son Hudson. So that will be our gift. If we had a $ tree though, I would want a spa day (facial, steam, massage, mani & pedi) and a couple pair of great designer jeans to squeeze into. Tiff, I bet you are dying to get your hands on that cute purse.


22. Nativity scene: I am trying to think....I don't have one. My mom has a couple, but I don't. Terrible! I must hit the sales after Christmas......hmm.....I don't think I have anywhere to put it though. Our house is maxed out w/ decorations.


5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great post Bebe! You are so right about the Byrds being hard to shop for. Maybe next year we should all go in together and get them a nice, huge, matching set of silverware! Ha ha ha ha! Glad to see you sent your blog address out to everyone! It is too cute for only me to be looking at it! That pic of Ravenna all bundled up is priceless. Thanks for sharing!

jessithompson said...

I love all of the ornament traditions. We have one where we buy our daughter an ornament each Christmas that represents her current interest. It's kind of fun to look back on each year. I think you'll be getting the best present of all!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Amy! I wish I had someone in my family that was savvy on the computer so I could figure out how to use this thing better:) We will keep checking on any updates and we are all looking forward to meeting and getting to know Hudson. He is one lucky little boy! I can only imagine how anxious you are to bring him home to love and nurture. You sure know what you are doing and it has been so special to watch how Ravenna has changed and grown in just a short twelve months. To see her happy little face now makes my heart sing. You guys are the best!

Anonymous said...

So glad to be able to follow along on your journey back to China! We love watching Ravenna grow and seeing the similarities between Ayden and Ravenna. Merry Christmas!
Love,
Travis Amie and Ayden

Anonymous said...

McCray!Cute blog lady! Loved it. Keep it up girlfriend. Love Colie